- Banks – Open Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm. Some banks are closed for lunch.
- Emergencies – For police, dial a local phone number; for ambulance call a hospital.
- Internet Access – Wifi is standard in most hotels and free in many coffes shops. Zagreb also has public wifi.
- Mail – Buy stamps in any post office. Post offices are coveniently located throughout the city. Post offices are generally open Monday – Friday 7am-20pm, Saturday from 8am-13pm.
- Safety – Pickpocketing can be a common problem. It is suggested for men to keep wallets in their front pocket. Purse snatching also occurs at times.
Information, internet access, maps, and train passes are available at local Tourist Information terminals. These are located at various sites around the city. Expect a wait if you arrive late in the afternoon or during lunch time. Local travel agencies are also helpful for quick information and finding hotels. There is no service charge for these services. Hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, and Saturday 10am to 2pm.
Travel planning is about more than just knowing where you’re going. Prepare yourself to navigate, take control and be ready for the unexpected. This section helps you avoid a disaster and be prepared to enjoy the unexpected.
- Plane – Flights arrive at the main airport near city center. If flying from European cities, you might land at a connecting airport. There is a tourist information office at the Terminal , international arrivals, open 8am to 6pm.
- Train – A train station is in city center Zagreb. To get into the city, follow the marked signs.
- Taxi – From the airport there is a flat-rate for the 1-hour trip, depending on traffic. Hotels charge up to 600kn for shuttle service.
- Bus – buses arrive into the city center. This is the transportation hub for the city and is surrounded hotels.
Much of the inner city can be easily walked through, however, walking sometimes includes crowds, uneven streets, heavy traffic and narrow sidewalks. If that’s a problem there are plenty of taxis to ride in or scooters to rent.